The position has the specific responsibility for installing and programming security, access control, and video systems that are on new customer networks throughout the NYC metropolitan area; installing wireless and hardwired devices as needed; documenting activities and training customers in use and set-up of systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The technician shall have previous experience with access control, CCTV and burglary installations
- Install and repair system in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure system meets local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Terminate panels following best practice industry standards
- Program new systems as directed
- Troubleshoot and correct deficiencies in hardware and software
- Other duties as directed by the Company
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- The technician shall have a minimum of two years experience in access control, CCTV and burglary system installations
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team
- Able to be productive and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read and effectively interpret and follow architectural drawings and electronic schematics
- Must be capable of programming, testing, commissioning and replacing security systems and devices (cameras, locking devices, computers, Intelligent Controllers, etc.)
- Must be capable of training the end user
- Must be able of troubleshoot, identify and solve problems in a timely fashion
- Ensures all work is preformed to meet industries practices
- Experience/Certification in the following manufacturers preferred: Lenel, AMAG, Salient, S2, Genetec, Brivo, ExacqVision, Aiphone, Comelit, Sidle
Commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package: dental, medical, and 401k plan.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growing, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER