We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at TRITECH Communications. With $100 million in annual revenues and 300+ employees, TRITECH is one of the nation’s leading technology system integrators serving clients in corporate, education, healthcare and government industries. Our OneSource business model provides clients with a single source for the design, installation and maintenance of large / complex Audio Visual, Communications, PoE Lighting and Electronic Security Systems. Our corporate headquarters is located in Garden City, NY and the company operates three regional operations centers in New York City, Boston and Washington DC.
This position requires a professional engineer with a high technical IQ and the proven ability to work independently to solve complex technical issues and execute project deliverables including programming advanced Audio Visual systems, trouble-shooting / commissioning systems and training customers on the use of leading edge systems. Field engineer must have deep understanding / expertise of advanced Audio Visual technology, outstanding communication skills, ability to over-come project obstacles, make timely independent decisions, work effectively as part of the customers project team (ie. project manager, architect, MEP engineer, technology design consultants) to ensure the highest level of system technical performance / up-time and achieve schedule milestones.
- Write and modify DSP (Digital Signal Processing) files and coordinate control of DSP with the control system programmer.
- Configure complex systems such as AMX, Biamp, Cisco, Crestron, Polycom, matrix mixers, switchers and codecs.
- Configure IP addressable devices such as routers, switches and servers.
- Ensure system is operating as designed.
- Independently drive project deliverables from installation phase through commissioning phase to final inspection.
- Independently diagnose and solve system issues.
- Load, test and troubleshoot all control code.
- Train customers on all aspects of system functionality.
- Highly competent with advanced software systems and highly creative to implement programming / software solutions and solve complex technical issues.
- Communicate and interact with clients and industry professionals in a professional manner.
Additional skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of industry professionals.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and advanced software.
- 4 year Bachelors Engineering Degree or 2-4 years Professional Audio Visual field engineering experience plus exceptional technical IQ with a demonstrated deep knowledge of leading edge Audio Visual system functionality and DSP architecture.
- Must possess ability to independently interface with customers, system engineers and design consultants.
- Hold ICIA (International Communications Industry Association) certification as a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) or higher.
- Hold technical certifications from major equipment manufacturers such as Crestron, Extron, Clear One, AMX, etc.
- Self-starter able to manage projects from start to finish and function as part of customers project delivery team with no direct supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Travel required to customer locations, TRITECH’s fabrication facility and manufacturer locations for advanced technical training.
Commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package including dental, medical and a 401(k) plan.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a growth oriented, technically challenging, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume including salary requirements
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER