We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at TRITECH Communications. Our company is one of the region’s leading technology systems integrator installing and servicing Audio Visual, Communications and Security Systems. Our business model is very unique in that we are the only company in the region capable of delivering these three services as a single source. This position is for a Senior Estimator to join our team at our New York City offices.
Work with operations/business development and Sales in the review of project plans, requirements, and specifications. Determine labor and equipment costs. Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing. Review all bid documents. Compare competitive bids. Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with the Estimating Manager. Prepare conceptual estimates. Perform post-bid buyouts. Security System design and estimating experience is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical interpretation of client and consultant specifications
- Ability to review technical system details and provide feedback on completeness of design and functionality.
- An ability to find value engineering opportunities within a bid to reduce overall cost while maintaining functionality
- Production of estimating cost sheet and proposals
- Experience in reading and following CAD or other system details and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of Security System design and integration including basic signal flow, system functionality, and standard/best installations practices
- Responsible for surveying bid packages to obtain information on the system environment prior to bid finalization Work with technical staff to determine system layout
- Accurately develops bill of materials to include appropriate amount of job-related labor to perform the project
- Assist in creating change orders by using company designated change order form
- Responsible for generating comprehensive project description and scope of work
- Assist sales department in creating job file for installation/technical staff
- Ability to evaluate equipment for selection based upon performance and price
- Ability to accurately estimate the length of time and cost associated with the installation of a system
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- A Minimum of 2 years of creating large scale commercial bids/estimates required
- Experience with Security System solutions and associated components comprising of, but not limited to, Genetec, Amag, S2 and Lenel.
- Background in various low voltage technologies a plus.
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to security specifications
- Proficient in Excel
- Manufacturer related certifications a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive company-paid benefits package: dental, medical, life, disability and 401k plan.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growing, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER