We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity and excellence of a career at TRITECH Communications. Our company is one of the nation’s leading technology systems integrators installing and servicing mission critical technology infrastructure including Audio Visual, Communications and Security Systems. Our Corporate Headquarters is in Garden City and we operate five regional operation centers in Manhattan, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Maryland.
As a key leader in the senior finance & accounting team, the Director will lead and manage the financial reporting & cost accounting department in support of TRITECH’s revenue and income goals while also ensuring compliance to tax laws and bank agreements. The Director will report to the VP Finance & Administration.
- Lead, manage and develop financial reporting and contract accounting personnel goals and responsibilities to align with corporate objectives.
- Direct and manage the preparation of all periodic financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyze complex financial data to provide accurate and timely financial information to executive management team including performance trends, anomalies, cost reduction opportunities, etc.
- Drive monthly close schedule and delegate tasks among staff including but not limited to accruals, deferral and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures, job descriptions, and performance evaluations for your department.
- Interface with all department stakeholders in the application of system improvements, reporting and cost savings.
- Design contract progress reporting for operational and financial management review.
- Create and modify reports in various accounting and operating software systems. Make recommendations to improve setup to ensure proper reporting capabilities.
- Review contract accounting processes to find efficiencies in reporting cycle.
- Execute department deliverables related to annual audit and respond to various requests from external independent auditors as it relates to project contracts.
- The position requires a minimum of seven years’ experience in a similar role.
- MBA required.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving acumen, critical thinking and analytical skills. Keen attention to detail required.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous management experience required.
- Contract Accounting or similar industry experience a plus.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems (Sage 300CRE or MS Dynamics experience a plus).
Minimal. It is anticipated that Director may need to travel to our regional offices a few times per year.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, personable and very well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Maintain a cooperative and approachable team-oriented attitude.
- High proficiency in computer use, specifically computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
Commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package: Dental, Medical, 401k plan with a discretionary employee match and annual bonus. Generous PTO which begins to accrue after 30 days.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growing, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume to email@example.com
Visit us online at www.tritechcomm.com
TRITECH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER