We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards, and excellence of a career at TRITECH Communications. With $100 million in annual revenues and 300+ employees, TRITECH is one of the nation’s leading technology system integrators serving clients in corporate, education, healthcare, and government industries. Our OneSource business model provides clients with a single source for the design, installation and maintenance of large / complex Audio Visual, Communications, PoE Lighting and Electronic Security Systems. Our corporate headquarters is in Garden City, NY and the company operates three regional operations centers in New York City, Boston and Washington DC.
This position is for a Purchasing agent working in NYC.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual responsible for purchasing material for stock and customer orders. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: maintaining equipment purchase orders, selecting vendors, negotiating pricing, follow up on manufacturer ship dates, invoice approvals and processing equipment returns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Obtain all job-related equipment and services at the lowest cost with focus on total value
- Obtain manufacturer shipping schedule on all equipment ordered and relay to Project Manager
- Expedite equipment when necessary
- Recommend alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result
- Resolve any problems that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, quantity or cost of purchased goods and services
- Issue purchase orders for job related equipment
- Review discrepancies in invoices which are not in complete agreement with purchase orders
- Responsible for processing return of unused or incorrect equipment
- Negotiate contracts with ‘Tier 2’ vendors
- Participate with Security President in negotiating ‘Tier 1’ vendor contracts
- Work with Finance/Estimating/Project Management to create reports and documentation when required
- Responsible for ensuring the quantity and quality of incoming equipment
- Oversee inventory re-order levels of all equipment to assure appropriate level and maximize turnover of equipment
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including all the Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
Commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Paid Family Leave, generous Paid Time Off, 10 Annual Holidays, a 401k plan with a discretionary match and Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growing, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements to email@example.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER