We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at TRITECH Communications. With $100 million in annual revenues and 350+ employees, TRITECH is one of the nation’s leading technology system integrators serving clients in corporate, education, healthcare and government industries. Our OneSource business model provides clients with a single source for the design, installation and maintenance of large / complex Audio Visual, Communications, PoE Lighting and Electronic Security Systems. Our corporate headquarters is located in Garden City, NY and the company operates four regional operations centers in New York City, Boston, Miami and Washington DC. This position is for an Audio Visual Service Technician to join our New York based Service Team.
TRITECH Audio Visual Service Technicians are responsible for providing onsite service support to TRITECH customers. Candidates must have experience troubleshooting and servicing commercially integrated professional audio visual systems. This position requires strong audio visual knowledge of control systems, digital signal processors, video displays/video walls and wireless microphone systems. Experience with ticketing systems and strong customer service skills are required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues relating to integrated AV systems installed by TRITECH.
- Communicate with New York based Central Service Desk for scheduling and dispatch to customer locations.
- Use ticketing system for time entries, discussion notes and resolution notes.
- Determine follow-up action and implement recommended solutions.
- Serve as escalation point for previously diagnosed but unresolved issues.
- Contact and maintain relationships with manufacturers, programmers and project managers for RMAs, program changes and project information.
- In-depth reporting of solutions in written and verbal form to manufacturers, service administrators and customers.
- Document project closeout information in department knowledge base and configuration catalog.
- Transport and deliver audiovisual equipment and packages from TRITECH warehouse to various job sites and vice versa in a timely matter.
Note: Potential candidates will be tested on their ability to meet the above listed requirements.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and strong communication skills.
- AVIXA CTS certification and Crestron DMCE certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of control processors, digital signal processors, audio/video teleconferencing systems, video displays, video walls, professional projectors, roll down screens, wired/wireless microphones, network switches and extender/receiver pairs.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of complex integrated audiovisual installations to component level.
- Troubleshoot, compile and upload code to audiovisual control processors and touch panels.
- Understanding of audio and video over HDMI, network and fiber cable environments.
- Strong understanding of Mac & Windows environments.
- Knowledge of legacy analog set ups.
- Cable termination and soldering skills.
- Must interpret audiovisual systems drawings.
- Must track work progress in department ticketing system as necessary.
- Must carry necessary tools and have ability to work individually or with a team.
- Lifting and carrying large/heavy equipment and load/unload from Service Vehicles is required.
- Maintain current industry trainings and certifications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or valid state identification.
NYC travel is required. Some travel outside of the NYC area may occasionally be necessary.
Salary range is $30 – 45 per hour commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including dental, medical, paid time off, short & long term disability, paid family leave, commuter benefits and a 401k plan with a discretionary employee match.
Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growing, customer-oriented organization are encouraged to send their resume, including salary requirements via link below.
TRITECH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER